Note

NOTE: Most recent posts are shown first. Please use navigation at right to start at the beginning (December 2014)

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Test Drive

Been working on wiring pretty steadily.  There is a lot to hook up and routing it is going to be challenging, in most places the existing harness is way too long.  I'm probably going to end up cutting it down, and possibly trimming out some of the climate control wiring as I think I've decided against using the stock Vic A/C and heat.  The parts are turning out to be way to big to mount neatly in the truck, considering a universal unit or a rear heat/AC unit from a Suburban or a Van.  I think that will be a lot cleaner.
I also got the lighting for the most part working-  parking lights, turn signals, hazards, headlights w/brights.  The only real issue with the lights is the brake light switch, the stock unit just won't fit so I'm going with a more universal switch.  While I wait for that to arrive I hooked up the old Vic trunk release button as a hand operated brake light switch.

With all the essentials hooked up I figured I better take it for a little drive and see what happens...


It's still a little rough, pretty noisy inside with no carpet and a lot of holes left in the firewall.  But still drives far nicer than before I started this project.  I do have a problem with the glove box door-  it's spring loaded and it won't stay shut when I give it gas.  Never had that problem with the stock 223.

I'll post pictures when I get the brake switch figured out, and as I get the wiring routed.  Still lots to do but getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment