Note

NOTE: Most recent posts are shown first. Please use navigation at right to start at the beginning (December 2014)

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

One month update

I'm now one month into this project so here's a little update.  I've been doing some painting, trying to protect the new metal and clean things up a bit so I can start assembling and get this thing running again.  Still lots of work to be done but if I can get the truck driving again it will be a lot easier to take it over to Troy's where some jobs will be easier to finish.

Inside the cab I cleaned up the floorboards and applied some POR 15 to put a halt to the rust while work progresses.  I also installed the brake pedal, gas pedal, lower steering column, shift linkage, and PCM.




In the engine compartment I cleaned and painted the firewall then mounted the brake booster.  I also finished painting the battery box but it still needs to dry.


Next steps will be installing the battery and routing all the wiring.  I also have a wiper motor from a Ranger on the way, which I hope to adapt to both the Crown Vic wiring and the F100 wiper linkage.  If all goes well I should have this thing running within the next week or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment