Note

NOTE: Most recent posts are shown first. Please use navigation at right to start at the beginning (December 2014)

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day 6

Day 6 brings to a close the "fast track" week of working on the truck in a spacious shop full of tools.
We only had a half day before the truck had to be out and most of that time was spent trying to remove some old rusted components that were in the way of column and pedal installation.  That burned up so much time that we were only able to get the column initially mounted.


The column will need to come back out for further modifications to the mounting angle, but we were able to steer it to get it loaded on the trailer...


And here it is in my garage.



I am glad to have it home again.  A few more days would have been nice, but we easily cut 3-6 months out of the project timeline with all that got done in this hectic week.
From now on I will post when I have some measurable progress to report, rather than these daily summaries.  First I've got a full days work getting my garage cleaned & organized enough to work in, but then I will be back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment