Note

NOTE: Most recent posts are shown first. Please use navigation at right to start at the beginning (December 2014)

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 1

First order of business to get the wiring sorted out.  With only one week of valuable shop time I don't want to spend a day messing around with wiring, and i need to have everything identified and trimmed where needed while it's still in the car.
Basically the deconstruction can't begin until the wiring is done.
Luckily I was able to take the day off work.  I got started at 8:30 and began by getting as much of the dash out as possible to reveal the wiring behind it.  There is a LOT of wiring in modern car!  Once I had the dash out I identified all the wiring I wouldn't be using and removed it from the wiring harness, re-wrapping as I went.



Once I was down to the wiring I would keep I temporarily mounted the column so I could drop it at Troy's work.  It took about 12 hours to get through dash removal and wiring reduction.  Very noisy ride with no interior!  

Here's some of the removed wiring and dash chunks.  



Column mounted for the last ride in the Crown Vic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment